StorageNewsletter: ASM240 Degausser From ProDevice
The ASM240 degausser from ProDevice has been fully designed and built by engineers of the company’s brand.
It is a continuation of the ASM120 degausser, based on the best components, patented and innovative technologies. The device was designed and produced in the firm’s R&D center, which is equipped and adapted to scientific research end experiments.
Just like the its predecessor, the ASM240 permanently erases data from magnetic media with high coercivity. This is possible because of strong magnetic field (20.000 Gauss=2T) generated by device.
The ASM240 is easy to use. Place the HDD or tape in the drawer. Close the drawer automatically starts the degaussing operation In 30s the display lets you know the media is fully erased. It includes state-of-the-art software tools, enabling access to historical data, units per cycle, and assessment of the generated electromagnetic field per cycle. You can buy it with a a custom-built case to transport it in a safe way.
There is a possibility of charging the device remotely for a specified number of data removal cycles. It is enabled by the PPMS technolgy (Pre-Paid Management System): the degausser is rented and programmed with a pre-defined volume of,ta destruction units and the renting company (using a special application) at any time can recharge the degausser for an additional, specified number storage device erasing cycles. Thus the user may freely decide as for the total number of demagnetized cassettes or disks. Additionally, they can carry out the data removal process independently, in any place and at any time. All of this allows to avoid the complex procedures often associated with admitting access to an outside data removal company.
Supported magnetic storage media includes, but is not lmited to:
- Disks: HDD 2.5- and 3.5-inch streamer
- Tape: LTO, DLT, SDLT, DDS, DAT, AIT, Travan, SLR, QIC, 3592, 3590E, 3490E, 3480, 9840, 9940, T10K
- Others: Floppy disks 3.5-inch, audio and video cassettes
- Magnetic field: 20.000 Gauss (2T)
- Data removal cycle: 30s/unit
- Power supply: 230/115V (50/60Hz)
- LCD display: yes
- TCP/IP interface (communication with the software tools): yes
- Dimensions: 465x350x325mm
- Weight: 42kg
- Noise level during electromagnetic discharge: 69dB
- Warranty: 2 years
The experienced engineering team from company’s R&D center is going to develop and improve its degausser. In the near future the ASM240 degausser will be able to be operated through an app. on mobile devices.
Thanks to this application you can:
- Have the ability to scan the bar code and take a picture of the deleted data media
- Create a media destruction report during the degaussing process.